code4math is a professional organization dedicated
to the advancement of
mathematical research through the development of high-quality
sociotechnical infrastructure: software, databases, communities, and more.
Get involved! The best way to engage with our community is to join our Zulip chat. We look forward to connecting with you!
- We are a community of mathematics software developers and their advocates, dedicated to the advancement and accessibility of mathematics.
- We create, develop, and maintain digital products for mathematics researchers, educators, and learners. These products include software, datasets, documentation, and infrastructure.
- Our community empowers this work by sharing knowledge and best practices.
- We recognize and value this work as scholarly activity, and provide artifacts of these efforts recognized by both academic and industry stakeholders.
- We ensure our products are accessible to everyone who needs them.
- We provide opportunities for professional development at all career stages and particularly welcome and support new contributors.
- Our community is open to everyone. We promote, encourage, and improve diversity in our ecosystem by maintaining an inclusive environment that treats all members equitably.
- Katja Bercic
- Steven Clontz
- James Dabbs
- David Lowry-Duda
- Christelle Vincent
code4math was founded as an outcome of the
American Institute of Mathematics' 2023 December workshop on
Open-source cyberinfrastructure supporting mathematics research.